Yellow Pages Group Opens API to Developers
YellowAPI.com Gives App Developers Access to One of the Largest Databases of Canadian Business Content
Montreal (Quebec), September 14, 2010 – Yellow Pages Group (YPG), a Canadian leader in local commercial and people search, announced today the BETA launch of YellowAPI.com, the company’s public application programming interface. YellowAPI.com will be open to developers across all platforms, allowing them to stream local search content directly from one of Canada’s largest and most robust business and person databases.
A demonstration of YellowAPI.com and its functionality will be held by Yellow Pages Group at noon on Friday, September 17 at FITC Mobile 2010 in Toronto, part of the annual Mobile Innovation Week event.
The Best Canadian Local Content
Need content? We’ve got it.
- YellowAPI delivers access to over 1.5 million Canadian business listings.
- Access enhanced information; videos, photos, ad thumbnails, and more.
- Geo-localized listings for map overlay and proximity search.
The Right Information.
- YellowAPI.com content has an unparalleled level of authentication, with direct feeds from Canada’s two largest telephone companies.
- Content is added and updated on a daily basis, providing the most accurate source of Canadian business information.
- YellowAPI.com content has an unparalleled level of verification. Yellow Pages Group’s sales force, one of Canada’s largest, works directly with businesses advertising within the company’s network of properties, ensuring information integrity.
What’s in it for developers?
- YellowAPI.com gives developers opportunities for additional revenue streams, based on their ability to drive quality traffic.
- No need for multiple API registrations, YellowAPI.com offers a one-stop-shop for Canadian local business search content.
- YellowAPI delivers local search content to users without having to create a directory.
Made by Mashery
- YellowAPI has partnered with Mashery to bring this new business search and location-based service (LBS) portal to the community.
- Built upon their deep knowledge and best practices of the API community, developers will find the all tools they need in one single place.
The Future of YellowAPI.com
- Person search, deals and coupons, ratings and reviews, classifieds
- May include access to RedFlagDeals.com, Canada’s leading online bargain hunting community, AutoTRADER.ca, Canada’s largest online search engine for vehicles, and LesPAC.com, Quebec’s #1 classified site.
- YellowAPI.com is currently available in BETA and welcomes feedback from the community in order to best respond to all open source development needs.
- Upcoming releases of YellowAPI.com will open existing and new data sets to developers including:
Stéphane Marceau, Chief Marketing Officer, Yellow Pages Group
“With YellowAPI.com, we provide our partners and developers across the country with direct access to our content assets. Furthermore, we provide them with an opportunity to monetize their mobile reach and usage. We are hopeful YellowAPI.com will enable new waves of mobile innovation in Canada, especially with location-based services.”
Nicolas Gaudreau, Vice-President Digital Media, Yellow Pages Group
“With the explosion of online and mobile search as well as location-based services, the addressable market for “local” is staggering. Developers have a real need for relevant, dynamic, content and YellowAPI.com becomes a natural tool of choice. It hosts Canadian search content in a one place, primed for a new wave of location-based online and mobile applications.”
About Yellow Pages Group
Yellow Pages Group (YPG) is Canada’s leading performance media and marketing solutions company. The Company brings consumers and businesses together locally through its network of print, digital and mobile properties. YPG enables consumers to make smarter decisions, helping people find what they need wherever and whenever. The Company partners with businesses to build successful marketing and lead generation programs, helping them grow their business. YPG is held by Yellow Media Inc. which owns and operates some of Canada’s leading properties and publications including Yellow Pages™ directories, YellowPages.ca™, Canada411.ca™, AutoTrader.ca, LesPAC.com, and RedFlagDeals.com. For more information: www.ypg.com.
Director - Corporate Finance and Investor Relations
Tel.: (514) 934-2828