Guy’s Survival Guide to Holiday Shopping 2011 from RedFlagDeals.com
(version anglaise seulement)
Toronto (Ontario), December 16, 2011 – It’s a well known fact: most men hate holiday shopping. We get it, you have our sympathy. Yet, we know that your mother, wife or girlfriend will not extend the same grace when they find out their gift is comprised of the best last minute knick-knacks the gas station had to offer. Luckily the staff at RedFlagDeals.com, Canada’s largest bargain hunting website, have put together a list of tips that will help men everywhere stay sane during the craziest shopping time of the year.
- Plan Your Attack. Make like a ninja – get in and out before anyone knows you are there. If you must go to the mall, prepare in advance. You should know what you’re looking for, how much it costs and where to get it before you even consider leaving your home for the trenches of the mall. A quick online search at sites like RedFlagDeals.com can go a long way in preparation for your mission.
- Show up equipped. Bring your own music when you go shopping to help relax and focus. It may not be festive, but it's probably better than Kenny G’s latest rendition of Silent Night. If you have a smart phone be sure to download some shopping apps to help navigate through the chaos. The RedFlagDeals.com mobile app sends you the best deals based on your location. So even if you can’t find her gifts at least you’ll know that 72” 3D HD-TV is on sale… and that could be a mutual gift? Good luck with that.
- They have shopping on the Internet now? Here’s a no brainer: shop online! With the click of a button you can avoid the crazy lines, browse your favourite stores and find the best deals while saving gas, time and money. Unless you have valet parking or a private chauffer, we both know it will be a 10 minute trek from the nearest parking spot to the front doors, and man- it’s cold outside!
- The best gifts don’t come in a box. No, we don’t mean a car. Come on! We’re thinking romance meets logistics. A day at the spa for her means a day of Skyrim for you. Or how about a couples massage? After all, even you deserve to get pampered! But before you buy be sure to check online for special offers, book dates in advance and even print the certificate right at home.
- Tag Team. Take a wing man, wing woman, wing person- whoever. A friend can help hasten decision time, offer helpful advice or save you from thinking a dishwasher makes a good gift. If you’re running low in the friend department, online user reviews and comments make a perfect substitute.
For more information visit www.RedFlagDeals.com and download the free application for iPhone directly on the App Store.
RedFlagDeals.com is a leading provider of online promotions and shopping tools to Canadians that attracts more than 1.5 million unique visitors every month. Since September 2010, RedFlagDeals.com helps Canadians make substantial savings with its group-buying service, Deal of the Day. RedFlagDeals.com is owned by Yellow Media Inc. (TSX: YLO). Yellow Media Inc. owns and operates some of Canada’s leading properties and publications including including Yellow Pages™ directories, YellowPages.ca™, Canada411.ca™ and RedFlagDeals.com. For more information, visit www.ypg.com.
Yellow Pages Group
Infinity Communications Inc.
905-257-5555 or 1-877-257-5556